Navigation Bar

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Why all the anonymity?

You may have noticed that I've taken some steps to keep Fix My Brother's Butt more or less anonymous. There are two reasons for this.

Reason one is the fact that my brother doesn't even know this thing exists. Yep, that's right, my brother does not yet know that there is a website dedicated to his butt. I've kept it that way because I want to see how far we can get before he finds out about it. If I post my name on the website, there's a chance that someone will inform him prematurely, and I want to avoid that if I can. He will find out about it eventually, but it will likely be from someone else I've told and not from me.

Reason number two is this: due to the fact I haven't told my brother about this campaign, he hasn't given me explicit permission to tell his story. Don't get me wrong here, I'm reasonably certain he wouldn't mind. He did give me permission to write my senators a few months ago and use his case study as an example in favor of my arguments about health care. Also, the website was partly his idea (I'll explain that later). However, until he tells me for sure that it's okay to tell people on the internet that this story is about him, I would rather keep things anonymous.

I do realize that this anonymity makes the website look kind of sketchy, and I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to wait till something more solid is posted before you donate. Another option is to contact me personally to verify that I'm on the up-and-up.

And hey, wouldn't it be awesome if we could raise at least $1000 before he figures it out? Pitch in if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment